This recipe is an amazing natural remedy for cold and flu relief that your kids will ABSOLUTELY LOVE! It doesn’t only treat cold, cough, and flu symptoms, but PREVENT them if given regularly as an immune booster.
- 1 cup dry organic elderberries
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 piece of fresh ginger root
- 5-6 Cloves
- 5-6 Whole peppercorn
- 1 cup raw honey
- 5 cups water
- Pour water into medium saucepan and add elderberries, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and peppercorn (do not add honey yet, because the heat will destroy many of its medicinal benefits)
- Bring to a boil and then cover and reduce to a simmer for about an hour until the liquid has reduced by almost half.
- Take it off the heat, let it cool.
- Pour it through the strainer into a glass bowl (Make sure to really squeeze all the liquid form the pulp). Discard the pulp
- Add raw honey into the liquid, and stir really well.
- Store the Elderberry Syrup in the fridge in an air-tight glass mason jar, it will last several months!